Au, Cu, Zn, Ag
100% Ressources Cartier Inc.
Gold-bearing dykes (MacCormack showing)
The Destor-Porcupine deformation zone crops out in the central part of the property, revealing schistose komatiitic flows affected by carbonate-talc-chlorite and fuchsite alteration.
North dyke system
The dykes of the North system display ankerite-albite alteration and are strewn with gold-bearing quartz-pyrite veinlets. They are calc-alkaline syenogranites, similar to those found with the mineralization at the Kerr-Addison (10.0 Moz Au) and Harker-Holloway (5.5 Moz Au) mines.
- KI-08-23: 0.32 g/t Au over 72.0 m, including 0.53 g/t Au over 20.5 m and 1.45 g/t Au over 1.5 m
- KI-08-29: 0.45 g/t Au over 30.0 m, including 0.70 g/t Au over 19.0 m and 7.27 g/t Au over 1.0 m
- KI-08-30: 0.32 g/t Au over 24.0 m, including 1.13 g/t Au over 1.0 m
South dyke system
The South system is characterized by quartz-feldspar-phyric dykes displaying hematite-silica alteration, strewn with gold-silver bearing quartz-pyrite veinlets. The dykes are calc-alkaline granodiorites.
- KI-07-03: 0.10 g/t Au and 23.4 g/t Ag over 0.5 m; 48.2 g/t Ag over 1.3 m; 1.07 g/t Au over 4.6 m
- KI-08-34: 0.33 g/t Au over 29.0 m, including 2.37 g/t Au over 1.4 m; 3.6 g/t Ag and 0.75 g/t Au over 1.5 m
- MC-09-04: 1.09 g/t Au over 1.5 m and 5.4 g/t Ag over 3.0 m, including 18.5 g/t Ag over 0.5 m
Rhyolite-associated gold-VMS (MacDeroff showing)
The rhyolite at the MacDeroff showing is highly sericitized and chloritized. It is comparable to the rhyolite hosting the giant Kidd Creek mine of Ontario (124 Mt) in terms of geochronology and geochemistry.
The mineralization is present in several forms: massive sulphide lenses (sphalerite-chalcopyrite-pyrite-pyrrhotite), disseminated sulphides (chalcopyrite-sphalerite), an exhalative pyrite horizon, chlorite stringers, and pyritic argillite-chert beds.
- KI-08-31: 0.17 g/t Au over 10.0 m, including 0.60 g/t Au over 1.0 m; 11.5 g/t Ag over 1.0 m
- MC-09-01: 4.81% Zn, 0.41% Cu, 28.7 g/t Ag and 0.27 g/t Au over 1.25 m, including 11.50% Zn, 1.24% Cu, 65.1 g/t Ag and 0.29 g/t Au over 0.35 m; 0.13 g/t Au over 11.2 m, including 0.46 g/t Au over 0.9 m
- MC-10-09: 0.23 g/t Au over 5.0 m, including 1.09 g/t Au over 1.0 m
- Channel sample: 8.44 g/t Au over 1.1 m
(PDF Document - 83.69 KB)
(PDF Document - 579.6 KB)
(PDF Document - 469.39 KB)
(PDF Document - 218.62 KB)
(PDF Document - 569.61 KB)
(PDF Document - 107.15 KB)
(PDF Document - 429.89 KB)